The purpose of this Committee is to advise the Portfolio Holder responsible for climate change and environmental sustainability and for matters more specifically related to services or corporate direction, the relevant service Portfolio Holder or Cabinet, as appropriate, on matters relating to climate change and environmental sustainability including, but not limited to:
· Understanding how climate change could affect the District Council’s services and developing and recommending appropriate mitigating actions.
· Reviewing the internal operations of the Council with a view to promoting sustainability, adopting best practice and strengthening the Council’s environmental performance.
· Providing community leadership on climate change and sustainability, facilitating and engaging public sector partners, businesses, community groups and the public.
· Influencing and interpreting county, regional and national policy for the benefit of South Cambridgeshire.
· Making recommendations on bids for funding relating to climate change.
Support officer: 03450 450 500 Email: Democratic.Services@scambs.gov.uk.
South Cambidgeshire Hall
Cambourne Business Park
Phone: 03450 450 500
Web site: http://www.scambs.gov.uk/meetings