Decision Maker: Lead Cabinet member for Resources
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
On 29 July 2022 the Grants Advisory Committee reviewed all Community Chest applications received between 7 June 2022 and 11 July 2022.
Five applications were brought forward in ‘Appendix A’ of the meeting’s reports pack:
After consideration of these applications, the Committee recommended to the Lead Cabinet Member for Finance that:
1. Elsworth Pre School (RBDFZGRD) be approved and funded at the full amount requested of £969
2. Fowlmere Recreation Ground & Village Hall (RTHKLVCF) be approved and funded at the full amount requested of £2,000 provided the additional information detailed below is provided
3. Cambourne Church (JBCXXSBXW) is not funded, but deferred as detailed below.
4. Duxford Community Centre Events (CZRJMKCW) be approved and funded at the full amount requested of £528
5. Cambourne Lawn Tennis Club (JDXKRFFC) is not funded, as detailed below.
To accept the recommendations of the Grants Advisory Committee (see above).
The applications were considered in detail by the Grants Advisory Committee and there is sufficient budget available.
To reject or vary the recommendations of the Grants Advisory Committee and decide on the level of funding (£0 - £2,000) to be awarded for each or defer a decision if further information is required from grant applicants.
As per above, the application from Cambourne Church (JBCXXSBXW) requesting £2,000 has been deferred, pending details on whether an electric oven can be considered as an alternative to a gas oven which uses fossil fuels.
As per above, the application from Cambourne Lawn Tennis Club (JDXKRFFC) is not funded as the tennis club is owned by the Town Council.
Publication date: 01/08/2022
Date of decision: 01/08/2022
Effective from: 09/08/2022