Decision Maker: Greater Cambridge Partnership Executive Board, Greater Cambridge Partnership Joint Assembly
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Joint Assembly RECOMMENDED that the Executive Board:
(a) Notes the call for evidence analysis and the Cambridge Access Study Long List and Short List reports and outcomes.
(b) Agrees the policy approach for a congestion reduction package, incorporating:
- better bus services and expanded usage of Park and Rides;
- better pedestrian and cycling infrastructure;
- better streetscape and public realm;
- peak congestion control points in the weekday morning and evening peak periods;
- a workplace parking levy;
- on-street parking controls (including residents’ parking)
- smart technology;
- travel planning.
(c) Notes the consultation and engagement principles attached to the report at Appendix D and agrees the principles of the engagement process on the proposed congestion reduction package, to commence in July 2016.
(d) Endorses the proposal for a trial implementation of peak congestion control points, possibly on a phased basis in late 2017 using an experimental Traffic Regulation Order, with consultation on the Order held during the experimental period.
Publication date: 02/06/2016
Date of decision: 02/06/2016
Decided at meeting: 02/06/2016 - Greater Cambridge Partnership Joint Assembly