Decision Maker: Planning Committee, Development and Conservation Control Committee (see also Planning Committee)
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
All planning applications for Fulbourn considered by the Planning Committee since May 2003. For individual reports, please click on the “Meetings” tab above. For further details on all Fulbourn planning applications, please visit our Planning Applications Database and select Fulbourn from the drop-down list of parishes.
Members visited the site on 6 March 2018.
The case officer corrected paragraphs 32 to 34 to read as follows:
Site and Proposal
32. The application site is located on the Capital Park site adjacent to the Cambridge Road and accessed from that road via the main entrance to the business park and off its internal access road. The wider Capital Park site is a business park comprising 4 large three storey office buildings, the old hospital building, a daycare nursery, café and gatehouse, as well as the existing social club which occupies the application site.
33. The application site is approximately 8,500 m2 in area and is enclosed by mature planting on the southern boundary with Cambridge Road and alongside the business park access road to the west. It is open to playing fields to the east, which are in turn enclosed by a mature tree belt on their eastern boundary. The site is currently occupied by the existing social club building and its car park and access. The social club building is single storey and of a relatively simple, utilitarian design with hard standing for car parking to the west side, between the building and the internal access road for the business park.
34. The site is located outside of any development framework boundary and is in the Cambridge Green Belt and is part of the Fulbourn and Ida Darwin Hospital Major Developed Site in the Green Belt. It is also located within the boundary of the Conservation Area of the former hospital site.
David Cottee (Fulbourn Forum – objector), Paul Wilmott (applicant’s agent) and Councillor Graham Cone (local Member) addressed the meeting.
Discussion focused on the rural nature of the application and its impact on the Green Belt, and the adequacy of car parking provision.
The case officer referred to the sequential search that had been carried out.
The Committee gave officers delegated powers to approve the application contemporaneously with the associated application S/3404/17/FL, subject to
1. The prior completion of a Legal Agreement under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 securing the provision of transitional arrangements to allow the social club to continue to operate after the demolition of the existing building but prior to the completion of the new building; and
2. The Conditions and Informatives set out in the report from the Joint Director for Planning and Economic Development, final wording to be agreed in consultation with the Planning Committee’s Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
Publication date: 23/03/2018
Date of decision: 07/03/2018
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2018 - Planning Committee