Decision Maker: Leader of Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Council’s Modern Slavery Statement for publication in accordance with its statutory duties.
1. To approve publication of the Modern Slavery Statement attached at Appendix A of the attached report.
2. To approve the action plan detailed within the Modern Slavery Statement at Appendix A of the attached report.
1. The decision is required to ensure that the Council meets its statutory duty to publish an annual statement detailing the actions being taken to tackle modern slavery, in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
2. Beyond the Council’s legal requirements, these recommendations will assist in the mitigation of risks posed by modern day slavery to both South Cambridgeshire residents and the Council, as outlined in paragraphs 9 and 10 of the attached report.
3. The actions detailed with the Modern Slavery Statement action plan (included within the wider statement at Appendix A to the attached report) broadly align with the Council’s Business Plan 2020-25, including ongoing objectives to ‘focus on the health and wellbeing of our communities through everything we do’ and ‘develop and support councillors and officers to ensure that they can best serve our communities’.
To not adopt the statement or to adopt it in an amended form. However, the first option has been discounted as the Council has a duty to publish an annual statement.
Publication date: 16/04/2020
Date of decision: 16/04/2020
Effective from: 24/04/2020