Decision Maker: Joint Director for Planning and Economic Development
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Fulbourn Parish Council is preparing a Neighbourhood Plan and has reached the stage of pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14 in the national guidance). At this stage it is the responsibility of the parish council to carry out a public consultation on the neighbourhood plan for their area. We congratulate the Neighbourhood Plan team and recognise the hard work has been put into the preparation of this plan for Fulbourn by the parish council and local community.
2. Officers have considered the contents of the Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan against the basic condition tests that all neighbourhood plans are assessed against by an independent examiner (these tests include such matters as general conformity with national planning policy and the policies of the adopted Local Plan).
3. Through this consideration several comments have been identified.
4. Cabinet agreed on the 26th July 2018 that the submission of such comments be delegated to officers at this stage of plan preparation.
5. The proposed comments include both general and specific matters and are attached at Appendix A. They include such matters as
6. The comments are intended to enable the group taking forward the Neighbourhood Plan to consider the need to amend it to improve the likelihood that a NP examiner would be able to recommend that it proceed to referendum and to help ensure that the plan is capable of effective implementation through the development management process.
7. While there are several comments set out in Appendix A we hope that these comments are seen, not as unhelpful criticism of the plan, but rather a genuine attempt by officers to support the NP team by identifying a number of areas where the plan could be further refined so that it is successful at examination. We wish the parish council well for the next steps in the plan making
That the Joint Director for Planning and Economic, having liaised with the Lead Cabinet Member for Planning agrees the response to the pre- submission consultation on the Fulbourn Neighbourhood Plan by South Cambridgeshire District Council as set out in Appendix A.
The Council has a duty to support parish councils preparing neighbourhood plans and is keen to support these local communities so that their plan is successful at examination.
The Council could choose to not respond to the pre-submission consultation, but the Council has a duty to support parish councils in their plan-making. If no response is made the parish council would not be made aware of the Council’s view of how some of the policies should be amended so that the Plan will be successful at examination.
Publication date: 01/03/2021
Date of decision: 24/02/2021