Decision Maker: Council,
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Council RESOLVED that Council Standing Orders in Part 4 of the Council’s Constitution be amended as follows:
(1) That Standing Order 1.2(b) and (c) be amended to read as follows (new wording in bold italics):
1.2 Selection of Councillors on Committees and Outside Bodies
(b) Executive Members shall be entitled to sit on the following committees as ex officio members:
· Employment Committee: Executive Member with responsibility for staffing matters;
· Licensing Committee, Licensing Committee (2003 Act), Licensing Committee (2005 Gambling Act): Executive Member with responsibility for licensing matters;
· Planning Committee: Executive Member with responsibility for development control matters.
(c) Executive Members shall not be entitled to sit upon the following committees:
· Corporate Governance Committee;
· Electoral Arrangements Committee;
· Scrutiny and Overview Committee;
· any other scrutiny and overview committee.
(2) That Standing Order 4.1(b) be amended to read as follows:
(b) Executive Members shall be allowed to substitute on all committees other than the Scrutiny and Overview Committee or any other scrutiny and overview committee.
(3) That Standing Orders 1(b) and 4.1(a) be amended as follows:
1(b) The annual meeting will…
(viii) appoint up to four substitutes per committee from each political group in a hierarchical list to all committees and sub-committees other than the Standards Committee;
[subsequent paragraphs to be renumbered accordingly]
(a) Substitutes will be allowed on committees and sub-committees, and Council may allocate seats for substitute members on outside or joint bodies, where those bodies allow. The substitute must be a member of the same political group as the member for whom they are substituting. Substitute members will be appointed in a hierarchical list by Council at its Annual Meeting.
Publication date: 28/05/2010
Date of decision: 27/05/2010
Decided at meeting: 27/05/2010 - Council