Venue: Council Chamber - South Cambs Hall. View directions
Contact: Maggie Jennings 03450 450 500
Declarations of Interest
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the meetings held on 26 June 2008, 21 May 2009 and 27 May 2010 as correct records.
The Chairman was authorised to sign the minutes of the meetings held on 26 June 2008, 21 May 2009 and 27 May 2010 as correct records.
The Licensing Committee (2203 Act) RECOMMENDS to the Leader and subsequently to full Council that the revised Statement of Licensing Policy be adopted.
Other Options Considered:
(a) That the Policy is adopted in its current form
(b) That the Policy is not adopted in its current form
(c) That the Policy is adopted without amendments
Reason for Decision: Failure to adopt a revised Policy would result in the Council failing in its statutory duties under the Licensing Act 2003.
The Licensing Officer informed Members that as a result of the consultation process into the review of the Licensing (2003) Act Policy, several responses had been received. In conjunction with the Chairman of the committee, the responses had been considered and the policy amended as appropriate, together with grammar and typographical errors. Changes made to the draft policy as a result of the responses received were indicated in red typeface and presented to the Committee for consideration.
As a result of consideration of the draft policy document, the following additional amendments were made:
· Para 1.1 delete over 100 villages and replace with 103 parishes
· Para 2.6 Add eg Police, environmental controls at the end of the sentence
· Para 11.5 Add of in the penultimate sentence between the words imposition and indirect and change in for on in the last sentence
· Para 17.2 Add the words A guidance document is available at Annex F (the Licensing Officer was requested to provide and attach the guidance to the Policy) Action: Myles Bebbington
· Para 18 Substitute Corporate Manager Health & Environmental Services with Environment Operations Manager and substitute Directorate of Planning with Head of Planning
The Licensing Committee (2203 Act) RECOMMENDS to the Leader on 11 November 2010 and subsequently to full Council on 25 November 2010 that, subject to the amendments above, the revised Statement of Licensing Policy, be adopted.