Venue: Virtual meeting - Online. View directions
Contact: Victoria Wallace 03450 450 500 Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Sub-Committee Chair.
Councillor Anna Bradnam was appointed as Chair.
The Chairman will introduce the members of the Sub-Committee and the officers in attendance at the meeting.
A copy of the Licensing (2003 Act) Committee procedure is attached.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
South Cambridgeshire District Council Licensing (2003 Act) Sub-Committee
The application to vary a Premises Licence for the Waggon & Horses, 110 High Street, Linton CB21 4JT was received by the licensing department on 25 September 2020
The application was accompanied by:
• The required fee
• An operating schedule (included in the application form)
• A plan of the premises
The application is for a variation to the existing Premises Licence SCDCPL0305.
This is an application to vary the layout and design of the premises in accordance with the submitted plan. The changes include the addition of a marquee in the external area, an additional lawn area and conversion of a storeroom into a serving hatch.
Removal of Conditions
• 3. No outside drinking shall take place between 23.00 and 08.00
• 9. The designated premises supervisor or nominated representative shall carry out an hourly noise assessment at the boundary of the premises whilst regulated entertainment events are taking place, in order to check that there is no noise nuisance arising from the regulated entertainment.
Conditions to be added
To add the following conditions to the premises licence:
• No outside drinking shall take place between 00.00 and 08.00.
• When regulated entertainment is provided in the external areas of the premises, noise checks will be carried out at the nearest noise sensitive property. A noise check log ('the log') of these checks will be kept and maintained at the premises. As a minimum the log will record the date and time of the check, the name of the person making the check, the sound level and if required, any action taken. The log will be made available to an authorised officer upon request.
The premises are located on the High Street in Linton High Street which is a mixture of residential houses and shops. As required by the Licensing Act policy, the application was sent to all responsible authorities for consultation as part of the licensing application process.
Notification of the application was sent to 187 neighbouring properties.
The requirements for advertising and displaying relevant notices were carried out in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. The Blue Notice correctly displayed, and a notice was placed in the Cambridge Evening News on 30 September 2020.
As part of the application process the applicant was made aware of the representations.
Representations were received from interested parties and Environmental Health. All representations were sent ... view the full minutes text for item 4.