Venue: Virtual meeting - Online. View directions
Contact: Victoria Wallace 03450 450 500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chairman of the Sub-Committee will welcome those present and introduce him/herself; the remaining members of the Sub-Committee and the officers will then introduce themselves.
A copy of the Sub-Committee appeals procedure is attached.
The Chair introduced officers and panel members and welcomed the licensee to the hearing.
Declarations of Interest
Councillors Eileen Wilson and Bill Handley declared that they had participated on the panel for the licensee’s last hearing, but came to the matter afresh.
Referral to the licensing appeals sub-committee to consider the fit and proper status to hold a Private Hire Driver licence
The Sub-Committee heard representations from the licensee and Regulatory Enforcement Officer, based on the written report.
The Sub-Committee refused the grant of a Private Hire Driver Licence.
In making its decision the sub-committee considered the following:
· Statutory provisions: S51,61 & 77 Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions Act) 1976
· Statutory taxi and private hire vehicle standards issued by the Department of Transport in July 2020.
· South Cambridgeshire District Council Private Hire and Taxi Policy
· Report of the Licensing Officer
· Advice from the Council’s legal adviser
· Representations from the Regulatory Enforcement Officer
· Evidence as referred to above.