Venue: Virtual meeting - Online. View directions
Contact: Victoria Wallace 03450 450 500 Email: email@example.com
The Chairman of the Sub-Committee will welcome those present and introduce him/herself; the remaining members of the Sub-Committee and the officers will then introduce themselves.
A copy of the Sub-Committee appeals procedure is attached.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
Appeal against the refusal to grant a Private Hire Driver Licence
The Sub-Committee heard representations from the applicant and Licensing Officer, based on the written report.
The Sub-Committee approved the grant of Private Hire Driver licence subject to the applicant attending and satisfactorily completing the taxi proficiency and safeguarding workshop.
In making its decision the sub-committee considered the following:
· Statutory provisions: S51,61 & 77 Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions Act) 1976
· Statutory taxi and private hire vehicle standards issued by the Department of Transport in July 2020.
· South Cambridgeshire District Council Private Hire and Taxi Policy
· Report of the Licensing Officer
· Advice from the Council’s legal adviser
· Representations from the Licensing Officer
· Reference provided by Panther Taxis in support of Mr Heji.
· Evidence as referred to above.