Venue: Virtual meeting - Online. View directions
Contact: Victoria Wallace 03450 450 500 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chairman of the Sub-Committee will welcome those present and introduce him/herself; the remaining members of the Sub-Committee and the officers will then introduce themselves.
A copy of the Sub-Committee appeals procedure is attached.
Declarations of Interest
Appeal against the refusal to grant a Private Hire Driver Licence
SOUTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL
LICENSING APPEALS SUB-COMMITTEE
12 June 2020 at 10.30am
appeal against the refusal to grant a private hire driver licence
Sub-Committee: Councillor Eileen Wilson (Chairman)
Councillor Clare Delderfield
Councillor Bill Handley
Legal Advisor: Paul Weller
Also Present: The appellant
Jane Jackson, Licensing Officer
Victoria Wallace, Democratic Services Officer
Prerna Ronta, Legal Officer (present as an observer)
The Sub-Committee APPROVED the grant of a Private Hire Driver Licence.
In making its decision the sub-committee considered the following:
· Statutory provisions: S51,61 & 77 Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions Act) 1976
· South Cambridgeshire District Council Private hire and Taxi Policy
· Report of the Licensing Officer
· Advice from the Council’s legal adviser
· Representations from the appellant.
The sub-committee made its decision for the following reasons:
· The sub-committee considered the significant passage of time since the appellant had received the conviction and considered the nature of the conviction.
· The sub-committee took into account that the appellant had been working for a reputable company, for 2 years and that he was in a position trust in this role
· The sub-committee found no reason to suggest that the appellant was not a fit and proper person to hold a Private Hire Driver Licence.